Comment: While masterminds dream up more ways to control your healthcare, the free market offers real solutions.
“If you are considering a trip to a foreign country to have your surgery, you should look here first.”
The physician-owned and managed Surgery Center of Oklahoma demonstrates the efficiency and effectiveness of putting control of medical care in the hands of consumers.
What sets the Surgery Center apart?
- Sensible, transparent pricing
- A fraction of what hospitals charge
- No outrageous padded bills that shift the cost of caring for others onto you
- Price transparency – prices are posted online.
- Simple, easy-to-read bills
- No dead-weight administrators
- Source: Reason.TV
- “Some businesses are even paying the entirety of their employees’ hospitals bills when their employees go to SCO, because the facility saves them so much money.” Source: National Center for Policy Analysis
- An Oklahoma County saved $570,000 in five months by using Surgery Center of Oklahoma. Source:CapitolBeatOK
- “SCO boasts a near-zero infection rate — a rate which ranges between 4 percent and 10 percent at other hospitals across the United States.” Source: National Center for Policy Analysis
From the Center’s website: “We can offer these prices because we are completely physician-owned and managed. We control every aspect of the facility from real estate costs, to the most efficient use of staff, to the elimination of wasteful operating room practices that non-profit hospitals have no incentive to curb. We are truly committed to providing the best quality care at the lowest possible price.”