Pin the Hikes on the Donkey, not the Elephant

Join us on Twitter:
– #SinglePayer most Mondays
– All the Bad News About Obamacare most Saturdays

Obamacare blew up long before Trump took office – individual market premiums doubled 2013-2017

ACA carriers in Oregon request price hikes up to 16%, 8 times the rate of inflation

Vermont Obamacare insurers ask for rate increases averaging up to 10.9%

Drop-off in number of Obamacare enrollees worse than previously thought.

Healthy young people leaving Obamacare, leaving older sicker risk pool. None dare call it a death spiral.

The Left suddenly loves the term ‘death spiral’ now that they think they can blame Obamacare price hikes on Trump

Beware attempts to re-brand and resuscitate hated Obamacare individual mandate as a reduction in tax form standard deduction

Separation of Powers – dismissal of appeal in Obamacare subsidy case leaves intact principle the executive can’t spend money Congress hasn’t appropriated

Obamacare was wrong to cut PSA tests and mammograms; cutting tests has led to later diagnoses and worse outcomes for breast and prostate cancer patients. #TheyWereWrongAboutEverything

Nutritional labeling has actually led consumers to increase the calorie content of their meals in some instances. Way to go, Obamacare! #TheyWereWrongAboutEverything

Obamacare may be driving some self-employed back to jobs with employer coverage.  So much for playing the violin, Nancy. #TheyWereWrongAboutEverything

ACA in a nutshell: “Our politicians did such a great job of taking care of the 10 percent that didn’t have medical insurance and ruining it for the other 90 percent.”

Massachusetts insurers blame Obamacare tax for big losses

Obamacare contraceptive mandate shot down by yet another court; can’t be enforced against 4 Christian universities in Oklahoma

CMS warns states it will not approve lifetime limits on Medicaid. #HotelCalifornia

Maine’s Governor defends against lawsuit by asking: how can we implement voter-approved Medicaid expansion if the legislature won’t appropriate the money for it?

Medicaid expansion will blow up in Virginia like it has everywhere else – cost overruns, attempts to cut back benefits, shoving the truly needy to the back of the line, etc.

Deconstructing the Single Payer Narrative (tweets & analysis) –

– legalize true catastrophic insurance
– return Medicaid to a poverty program


This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.