‘The pandemic shows we need Obamacare’ – No, the pandemic shows we need more people with simple catastrophic Insurance, which Obamacare outlawed, to help them meet the coronavirus and future catastrophes
- Setting the record straight on Obamacare and the pandemic: “Losing your job is a qualifying event that would allow enrollment.”
- “There will be no need to expand Medicaid eligibility – millions will have no jobs and will qualify- so put guard rails on checking income status (eg 6 months to start and then 3 months after) to limit system abuse.” (from a health policy listserv)
- Every state should allow free trade in short-term limited-duration (STLD) health plans (escape hatch from Obamacare)
Trump still supports lawsuit to strike down Obamacare; ACA insurance too expensive
10 years of Obamacare’s junk insurance – “networks shrunk, deductibles increased, many states saw insurers leave their state, and more Americans became dependent on government for their care”, people forced into coverage they did not want or need (maternity care for single men, really?). #GeniusMasterminds
ACA enrollment ticked up, but still 10 million short of what they promised. #GeniusMasterminds
COVID relief Act removed ACA restriction on buying over-the-counter medications with HSA money
“Obamacare Rations Care for the Sick and Overcharges the Healthy”
Pro-lifers were right to worry that Obamacare would increase federal subsidies for abortion and assault the conscience rights of employers
Another big surprise (NOT). After exceeding enrollment projections for the first time in December and exceeding projections ever since, Virginia’s Medicaid expansion enrollment now exceeds the highest number estimated for the entire program – 400K max projected, 401K now. #BlowUpComing
Medicaid state budget crunch coming: increased enrollment, lower state revenue expected after coronavirus
Coronavirus relief bill boosted federal Medicaid reimbursement to the states, and this shows the need for the proposed federal Medicaid fiscal accountability rule
Did you know Medicaid expansion is a “market” with “players”, “segments”, “revenue growth”, and “profitability”? It was always all about the money and special interests, wasn’t it?
Deconstructing the Single Payer Narrative (tweets & analysis) –
REPEAL OBAMACARE NOW!
– legalize true catastrophic insurance
– return Medicaid to a poverty program
END THE OBAMACARE CONGRESSIONAL EXEMPTION!