Read about the Surgery Center of Oklahoma Below
New Tweets Most Fridays 10 a.m. ET @ObamacreTrthSqd
Legalize catastrophic insurance! Bring back low-cost insurance now!
April 14, 2017
Woman saves $30K on hysterectomy at cash-pay surgery center while doc gets paid more than insurance
Establishment of a direct primary care practice spawns cash price providers in the area
“Amino raises $25M for healthcare price transparency and booking platform”
Survey: people want price transparency. Half of those who compare prices save money.
You can self-direct your HSA investments; not stuck with mutual funds and banks
Pennsylvania promoted price transparency when it jettisoned Certificate of Need laws
Catahoula Smile @CatahoulaSmile Mar 24
Catahoula Smile Retweeted Obamacare TruthSquad
Because there’s no competition! #RepealCON
Obamacare TruthSquad @ObamacreTrthSqd
Surgery complications and mortality rates significantly higher among hospitals in Certificate of Need states
FTC urges Alaska to drop Certificate of Need law as limiting consumer choice
Special licensure for open-heart, transplants, etc. are Certificate of Need laws in all but name
April 7, 2017
Ophthalmic surgery center handles cataracts in 15-min outpatient procedure, eliminates hospital entirely
Pro-tip: 124+ surgery centers perform total joint replacements.
Physician-Owned Hospitals – Good Quality, Low Costs, High Patient Satisfaction. #ObamacareIsStupid
Certificate of need laws defy common sense. Central planning never works; restricting supply doesn’t reduce prices.
Advice for navigating after-hours healthcare options (clinics, urgent care centers, telehealth, etc.)
Retail clinics here to stay- value to growing set of sponsors: integrated delivery systems w/risk-sharing contracts
“Long-shielded from market forces by legislation and regulation, healthcare is ripe for innovation”
Reference pricing (‘this is what we’ll pay’) could save 8% off total healthcare spending.
Comment: While masterminds dream up more ways to control your healthcare, the free market offers real solutions.
“If you are considering a trip to a foreign country to have your surgery, you should look here first.”
The physician-owned and managed Surgery Center of Oklahoma demonstrates the efficiency and effectiveness of putting control of medical care in the hands of consumers.
What sets the Surgery Center apart?
- Sensible, transparent pricing
- A fraction of what hospitals charge
- No outrageous padded bills that shift the cost of caring for others onto you
- Price transparency – prices are posted online.
- Simple, easy-to-read bills
- No dead-weight administrators
- Source: Reason.TV
- “Some businesses are even paying the entirety of their employees’ hospitals bills when their employees go to SCO, because the facility saves them so much money.” Source: National Center for Policy Analysis
- An Oklahoma County saved $570,000 in five months by using Surgery Center of Oklahoma. Source:CapitolBeatOK
- “SCO boasts a near-zero infection rate — a rate which ranges between 4 percent and 10 percent at other hospitals across the United States.” Source: National Center for Policy Analysis
From the Center’s website: “We can offer these prices because we are completely physician-owned and managed. We control every aspect of the facility from real estate costs, to the most efficient use of staff, to the elimination of wasteful operating room practices that non-profit hospitals have no incentive to curb. We are truly committed to providing the best quality care at the lowest possible price.”